Here are 90 awesome features or google chrome tricks which will amaze you knowing that Google Chrome is what all about.
The first 10 of them can be found HERE. Read and know the first 10 tricks.
The next 20 of them can be found HERE. Read and know the next 20 tricks.
The next 30 of them can be found HERE. Read and know the next 30 tricks.
The chromium browser is simply awesome if you know how to use it and how to make the most out of it. So go ahead and apply these you will be amazed to know about these features:
- Right click any tab and select Pin tab to “save” it. Save? Yes, Chrome will remember the tabs you pinned and open them next time you open Chrome. Chrome will arrange pinned tabs to the extreme left of your Chrome windows.
- Another use for Pinned Tab: You already know about pinned tab on Chrome. I use it for two more things. When I pin a tab, the close button goes off, and I will not accidentally close it.
- Ctrl + Shift + D – Saves all open pages as bookmarks in a new folder.
- Right click any tab for additional options like – Close tab to the right, and close all other tabs etc.
- Right click and select Duplicate tab to create a new tab with same webpage.
- Fake your location on Chrome.
- Reduce volume of Chrome (not your entire computer)
- Visit chrome://extensions and click on ‘view permissions’ on any extension to view permissions allowed to the extension.
- To view Google cache of any webpage, try cache:website.com. For example, cache:chromestory.com to view cache of chromestory.com, straight from your Chrome omnibar (addressbar)
- To clear an item from your Downloads page, right-click an entry and select Remove.
- Press Alt and click a link. – Downloads the target of the link.
- Right click on any extension’s icon to hide it or disable it ! ( hide = extension is running but no icon is visible.)
- On Windows 8, select Relaunch Chrome in Windows 8 Mode to open Chrome in Metro Mode.
- Select View Background Pages from the settings menu to see the background processes (task manager opens with these background processes selected)
- If you have set up Chrome to ask you where to save downloaded file, Chrome will start the download in the background while you are deciding which folder to put that file in. You can take a break, and come back later to select a folder!
- Get all Google Toolbar features on Chrome, follow the guide.
- Make Chrome your note taking app. EASY!
- + to copy the selection
- + to paste the selection
- Google Dictionary Extension — Double click any word for meaning
- Save to Google Drive – Making it real easy to save files to Google Drive.
- Photozoom for Facebook – See photos in fullsize without opening them on Facebook.
- Window close protector – Warning when you close multiple tabs
- Feedly – For reading your Google Reader feed in style.
- Cloudsave – Save files directly to any cloud storage/image sharing site.
- Google +1 Button – For Google Plus fans.
- Chat for Google – Official Gtalk extension for Chrome.
- Awesome New Tab Page – Totally redesigned new tab page with tonnes of features.
- iReader – Distraction free reading on web pages.
- Enable “Do Not Track” on Google Chrome
I am a 31-year-old dude from a lower-middle-class family hailing from a small village Narasinghpur in Cuttack, Odisha, INDIA. I have a post-graduate degree in M.Tech from BITS Pilani. I started blogging back in June 2014. You can check out my journey and all that I have learnt all these years on my website.